Thursday 27 November 2008

Finance and Investments

Are you a DIY investor? If so how are you feeling now? Pretty stressed I imagine and your emotions will swing between denial, fear and blame which is probably resulting in portfolio paralysis. This response is not rational, this is the time to do something and that thing would be to seek advice. If you think you don't need an advisor ask yourself the following questions;

1. What return do I expect over the next 12 months?
2. What was my return for the last 12 months?
3. Do I get independent advice, if so who from?
4. Do I get research or investment suggestions from non-mainstream media?
5. Do I have a structured investment strategy?
6. Do I have a structured exit plan?

If you can't answer yes to all these questions, hie thee not to a nunnery (or a monastery), head in the sand is not an elegant or useful stance; get yourself to a financial planner.

0 comments: