Friday 11 April 2008

Musings and Amusings

Like you I always wish I had more will power so I was thrilled to find out that the latest studies tell me I can grow my will power. Yes it's true - something as simple as using your non dominant hand to brush your teeth for two weeks can increase will power capacity. People who stick to an exercise programme for two months report fewer impulse spends, eating less junk food, drinking and smoking less. They also study more, watch less television and do more housework. Other forms of willpower training, like money management work as well - now how did money enter into the conversation!

No-one knows why willpower can grow with practice but doing any activity that requires self control seems to increase will power - and the ability to resist impulses and delay gratification is highly associated with success in life.

0 comments: