Thursday 15 November 2007

Everyday Money

If you recall my post about the charges against Chris Taylor of The Jones’ organisation you will be pleased to note that the charge was dismissed. I guess Comedy Central, oops the REINZ had an attack of rationality. The good news is that the cowboys are about to be run out of town by Sheriff Clayton Cosgrove, with the introduction of an independent body to oversee licensing complaints, disciplinary and enforcement procedures and give out consumer information.

Does money make the world go round?

We are frequently asked to provide financial help to those less fortunate than ourselves but I sometimes wonder if our generosity is misplaced. I am not keen on labels but I guess I would be classed as an ethical liberal. So what should I do with my financial support?

One economic commentator suggests that we should find somebody who is both poor-not just looking poor in the hope of attracting generosity- but busy doing something productive and useful. Give them the money-thus you can accomplish the most efficient transfer of wealth.

0 comments: